Tuesday 17 February 2009

Success within Failure!!!

Its been an up and down day. Firstly as far as i can tell my modelings all done (YAY) I'm really pleased with the way its turned out and am now living in constant fear that its all gonna go horribly wrong in rigging or animation.

I decided the modelling was done about just before luchtime so started adding texture to the model, this is all where its gone kinda tits up. After about a hour shifting UVs around in the texture editor i concluded that the process i have been using (photos of plasticine) isnt going to work.
The process works fine and is a definate way of achieving the look of plasticine in
3D but to get it working well on the complete body would take alot of time and effort, and time isnt something i really have on my side right now.
So what ive done is designate 2 block colours dark brown for fur, peachy for chest, face, hands and feet. I then UV mapped these onto the model and then added a burn where i think its necessary on the model. I then added a brownian bump map ontop to make it look like its been sculpted (personally i prefer it without the bump but it doesn't look as plastciny). Im im really pleased with the outcome. I still need to do the eyes and interiot mouth.

And just for shits and giggles here it is without the bump...
I also spent a couple of hours trying to get the maya sun and sky working but it just seemed to make the image really overexposed and hazy, in the end i got fed up and managed to achieve this lighting with a couple of directional lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment